COR code 262114
Vocational training program authorized by the Commission for the Authorization of Adult Vocational Training Providers in the Municipality of Bucharest, code N.C./COR 262114, authorization series B no. 0011773, with no. of order in the National Register of Adult Vocational Training Providers 40/9607 / 06.12.2018.
The program offers students an introduction to the history of exhibition aesthetics and its evolution throughout the twentieth century, presenting important landmarks in the history of culture and art and contributing to the understanding of the artistic phenomenon in a wider context. The introductory module includes topics related to the field of museology, as a basic training for curators.
Also, the course also analyses particular situations, by presenting individually significant artistic personalities of curatorial creation, their theories and practical approaches in art and culture. The specialization course allows the participants to acquire theoretical knowledge and skills regarding modern curatorial practices. This specialization program represents a new offer in the field of museology and art, the curator being recently introduced in the Occupation Classification of Romania (COR) with occupational standard approved in 2017.
- new employees of museums and those who until now have not attended any vocational training program in the field;
- graduates of higher education in the field of humanities who are interested in pursuing a career in museums.
Trainers: Raluca Velisar, Irina Hasnaș, Viviana Iacob, Constantin Goagea, Ioana Calen, other source specialists with relevant experience in the field of museology, curatorial and cultural heritage.
- higher education with a bachelor’s degree.
Initial assessment: questionnaire that establishes the initial level of theoretical knowledge and practical experience
Intermediate evaluation: elaboration of an essay from the theoretical training program
Final assessment which will consist of the graduation exam:
- written test (grid type test);
- project support (realized according to the requirements received during the program).
The graduation of the program involves going through both stages, taking and passing the graduation exam.
The graduates of the course will receive a Certificate of graduation recognized at national level by the Ministry of Labour and Social Justice and the Ministry of National Education, together with a descriptive supplement in which the acquired professional competences will be stipulated, according to the occupational standard in effect.
- The basis of museology;
- Protection of heritage;
- Management of the curatorial project.
- Adequate use of the foundations of museology;
- Applying specific basic legislation on the museum’s patrimony;
- Application of preventive conservation rules;
- Appropriate use of curatorial concepts, theories, approaches, methods, techniques and tools;
- Identifying the needs/expectations of the visitors when organizing the exhibitions and evaluating their impact on the beneficiaries;
- Research and interpretation of cultural assets in order to organize exhibitions;
- Planning, organizing and developing curatorial/exhibition projects;
- Adequate use of the language of visual arts history in the exhibition/curatorial process;
- Proper use of the modalities of use and arrangement of the exhibition space around the object and its use in the curatorial process.