Cultural Organisation Manager
COR code 134921
The course for the occupation of cultural manager concerns the management of public cultural institutions (institutions and companies of shows or concerts; museums; public collections; libraries; cultural establishments and other public institutions that carry out cultural activities and services), regulated by GEO no. 189/2008, as subsequently amended and supplemented.
In the context of a hyper-industrialized and systematic world, we have to look, more often than not, at cultural institutions as organizations. If we look at the internal competencies of cultural institutions, we will see that, beyond the specificity of the cultural products and services they offer, they function, to a large extent, like an economic organization that, in order to survive, has a management need. The cultural manager is the leader who applies with authority and responsibility the principles and techniques of management in the administration of a public institution of culture by using, combining and coordinating human, financial, material and informational resources, based on his own strategy, respecting the aesthetic principles of the field of activity., in order to achieve the desired results and to fulfil the mission of the organization. The cultural manager plans, organizes and coordinates the activity of the subordinate structures, controls and evaluates the implementation of the decisions and the degree of accomplishment of the assumed objectives, depending on the specific professional field.a
- representatives of independent cultural organizations (non-profit);
- representatives of cultural organizations established as commercial societies;
- independent artists;
- persons interested in the management of cultural organizations.
- Master’s degree or long-term university education (master’s degree studies in the Bologna system or long-term higher education in the pre-Bologna system), graduated with a master’s degree (in the Bologna system), or a bachelor’s degree (in the pre-Bologna system).
The graduation of the program involves taking the courses, taking and passing the graduation exam.
- Written test – works performed according to the requirements received during the program. Papers must be submitted by the deadline mentioned by the course coordinator. If the participants do not submit the papers within one year from the completion of the course, they will obtain a Certificate of participation
The qualifications for graduating the vocational training program are: Very good, Good, Satisfactory. The graduates of the course will receive a Certificate of graduation recognized at national level by the Ministry of Culture.
- Cultural management;
- Organizational management;
- Administration and management of public cultural institutions;
- Cultural marketing.
- Adequate use of the foundations of the management of public cultural institutions;
- Identifying, analysing and managing the elements that define the internal and external environment of the cultural organization;
- Identification, selection and use of the methods of forecasting, organizing, coordinating, training and controlling the evaluation of public cultural institutions;
- Foundation, adoption and implementation of decisions for public cultural institutions;
- Use of information and computer knowledge in the application of management methods, techniques and procedures specific to public cultural institutions;
- Applying the principles, norms and values of professional ethics;
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities in a multi-specialized team and applying effective networking and teamwork techniques;
- Effective capitalization of the human resources of public cultural institutions;
- Design and implementation of the management system and its subsystems within public cultural institutions;
- Appropriate use of specific legislation in the field of culture;
- Design and implementation of cultural strategies specific to public cultural institutions;
- Application of cultural management and marketing concepts, theories, principles and methods.