The series of debates “Tomorrow’s culture. About change”
May 9th, 2020
INCFC organizes and broadcasts a first debate recorded in the series Culture of Tomorrow.
May 9th, 2020
The cultural sector is uneasy, even somewhat shaken by the disorders associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, but it is not surrendering! It seeks solutions, reinvents itself, forms alliances, analyses new cultural consumption practices and adopts without hesitation digitalization, which invades us from all sides.
Thus, a discussion on how the Cultural Sector will be positioned becomes necessary, affected differently and unequally in the forms of manifestation and consumption practices and forced to face the psychological barriers generated by the fear of contamination.
In this context, on May 9th, 2020, on Europe Day, INCFC organizes and broadcasts a first debate recorded in the series Culture of Tomorrow – about change on our Facebook page: National Institute for Cultural Research and Training and on the YouTube channel.
The debate focuses on several topics and questions that concern us:
- Do we have a systemic construction of the Cultural Sector capable of reacting and acting for its own reconsideration?
- Are Culture professionals aware of their social responsibility or are they mainly concerned with the survival of the professions? What is the reason why the attitudes of antagonism between the public and private environment have been so violently reopened?
- How can the diversity of existing forms of expression be preserved? How will the various areas behave under the restrictions?
- How can the cultural field act to support the project of a Europe of solidarity and cohesion, to limit discriminatory and stigmatizing attitudes?
In the following meetings, cultural experts, decision-makers, analysts and advisers, coordinators of large-scale artistic events, people of letters, artists, opinion leaders, communication experts, business representatives and other potential supporters of the field will be invited, representatives of civil society.
- Minister of Culture – Mr. Bogdan Gheorghiu
- Presidential Adviser – prof. Univ. dr. Sergiu Nistor
- The Ambassador of Romania in the French Republic – Mr. Luca Niculescu
- The President of INS – prof. Univ. dr. Tudorel Andrei
- Matei Vişniec, the writer
- The President of the Honorary Jury of the Romanian Association of Public Relations – prof.univ.dr. Dumitru Borțun
- Cătălin Ștefănescu – Journalist
- Director of the National Museum of Contemporary Art Bucharest (MNAC) – Mr. Călin Dan
- Director of the National Cultural Fund Administration (AFCN) – Mrs. Irina Cios
- Director of ARTEXIM, Director of the George Enescu Festival – Mr. Mihai Constantinescu
- INCFC Research Director – Dr. Anda Becuț Marinescu
The debate will be moderated by the General Manager of INCFC and the Vice-Rector of UNATC, Assoc. Dr. Carmen Croitoru.
About the event
- Date: May 9th, 2020
May 9th, 2020