Museum Education Specialist
COR code 262115
Training program authorized by the Commission for the Authorization of the Professional Training Providers of the Municipality of Bucharest, code N.C./COR 262115, authorization series B no. 0011770, with no. of order in the National Register of Adult Training Providers 40/9604 / 06.12.2018.
The program allows the students to know the typology of museum education programs and the stages of educational project elaboration, educational valences of the patrimony, how to identify the public of the museum by analysing the different segments of the public, theoretical and practical ways of interpreting the patrimony for the public and community, products and services of a museum, etc. The specialization course in modern museum educational theories and practices is centered on the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of a museographer, therefore the introductory module includes introductory notions in museology with the purpose of forming a solid training ground in the field of museology with specificity in museum educational practices. On the other hand, the program intends to introduce, specialize and professionalize a new occupation in the field of museology and art, recently introduced in the Classification of Occupations in Romania (COR), that of museum education specialist who also benefits from an occupational standard approved since 2017.
- new employees of museums and those who until now have not attended any vocational training program in the field;
- graduates of higher education in the field of humanities who are interested in pursuing a career in museums.
Trainers: Codruţa-Ruxandra Popescu Cruceanu, Cristina-Maria Toma, Despina Hașegan, Mona-Silvia Timofte, Larisa-Diana Popescu, other specialists with relevant experience in the field of museology and cultural heritage.
- higher education with a bachelor’s degree.
Initial assessment: questionnaire that establishes the initial level of theoretical knowledge and practical experience
Intermediate evaluation: elaboration of an essay from the theoretical training program
Final assessment which will consist of the graduation exam:
- written test (grid type test);
- project support (realized according to the requirements received during the program).
The graduation of the program involves going through both stages, taking and passing the graduation exam.
The graduates of the course will receive a Certificate of graduation recognized at national level by the Ministry of Labour and Social Justice and the Ministry of National Education, together with a descriptive supplement in which the acquired professional competences will be stipulated, according to the occupational standard in effect.
- The basis of museology;
- Protection of heritage;
- Educational interpretation of heritage.
- Adequate use of the foundations of museology;
- Applying specific base legislation on the museum’s patrimony;
- Application of preventive conservation rules;
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the public for the development of educational programs;
- Educational research and interpretation of the museum’s patrimony;
- Planning, organizing and developing museum education programs and projects;
- Appropriate use of methods, interactive techniques, innovative and good practice models in the process of museum education;
- Elaboration of the museum education project;
- Evaluation and monitoring of the impact of educational activities on the beneficiaries.